We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

Thursday 9 July 2009

Countdown til Fuji-san: 2 days


You are a fool to never climb Fujisan, and a bigger fool to climb more than once.”--Japanese Proverb

We live in an area called Hodokubo, a nice residential area that rests on a hill--the downside (or shall I say upside?) is that the most direct route to our apartment from the station is a severe climb that has us tired and sweating by the time we reach our place.  But our inspiration is drawn from the refrain, "Fuji Practice!" But now that refrain will soon take on reality, and I must say, fear is beginning to grip my heart.  I have heard more than one person remark on the difficulty of the climb, with one even going so far as to say, "Never again!"  But I feel like fear should never be a reason to keep me from doing something--if I had let fear control me, I wouldn't be in Japan in the first place, let alone all the other places that I have gone(as anyone who has flown with me in an airplane can attest to).  So I have bought my Japanese power bars and vitamin drink pouch (I am quite interested to find out what it holds inside/tastes like) so that my physical energy can hopefully hold out--so now I only have to focus on my mental willpower.  

"I lift my eyes up to the mountain(s), where does my help come from?"


No comments:

Post a Comment