We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

Thursday 25 June 2009

Hajimemashita! はじめしまして!




Konban wa!  Or shall I say, "Ohaiyougozaimasu!" as it is actually 1 in the Ante Meridiem here in Tokyo.  Today I have reached the end of my first week in my second trip to Japan.  However, due to the incredibly busy schedule that we keep, it feels more like the first month--using the train systems has become old hat and we have picked out some of our favorite restaurants and stores (yes, we have eaten at the same place more than once already, and it has been equally delicious both times).

Now you may ask, "Jill, why are you in Japan?", to which I will probably reply, "OHOHOHO!"  And then when I stop laughing, I will say, "To meet Japanese students and eat all the sushi in Japan!"  And then I will follow it with, "OHOHOHO!" And so far, I think I am succeeding in both.  

My friends, this post is just a taste of things to come; like a sushi sampler, if you will.  Since it is quite late and I have bedtimes to get acquainted with, I will leave you with a few key words to tempt your palate and add Japanese culture to your vernacular:

Daibustu
Onsen
Hamburger Sushi
Harajuku
Gaijin
Atsui
Coolish
Chuo University

Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the following words over the course of the next month and a half by returning to my blog everyday.  I probably will not update everyday, but I expect dedication from you regardless.  Until then...Jaa mata/じゃあまた!


1 comment:

  1. Jilly in Japan!

    You just made me want to have sushi for breakfast! Updates updates!

    ReplyDelete