We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

Monday 29 June 2009

Sexy...Shabe!

Every Friday we have Shabe* Night, a time to get together, eat, hear a talk about a theme, read some Bible, and then discuss the theme.  This past Friday night we had SeXy ShAbE, where we split up the guys and girls to :gasp: talk about gender-segregated things.  For the ladies, we put on a tea party, which consisted of us all making delicious little foods that would look especially cute with tea, which we drank while wearing fancy clothes.  The men, of course, went the masculine route of eating man-meat (with cheese).  

We played a game where the girls had a list of quotes which were either lyrics from
a song or a Bible passage (specifically the Songs of Solomon).  I got them all right
 (もちろん), but the winning student was Yumi, who got 9 out of 11 right (some girls weren't able to get more than a couple accurate).  Some of them were kind of tricky, because it some lyrics had similar words to Bible passages (The kisses of your lips are sweeter than honey, my love-->Your kisses are sweeter than honey {but guess what?  so is my money}), but it
 was funny how surprised the girls were with some of the answers.

The most interesting part of the evening was the discussion; it was great not to get the expected answers to the common questions that usually go with the subject (especially in a Christian setting).  I'm really glad I was able to hear what these girls think, and I look forward to getting to hear their opinions on more things in the future.



*The Lings:
Shabe: Short for shaberu or shaberimasu (if you are super formal, like me).  This means "chat", a more colloquial term than "hanashimasu": to talk.
Sexy (thesaurus): toothsome, provocative, tantalizing, foxy
Songs of Solomon: the sexy book in the Bible
もちろん: Mochiron; of course.

1 comment:

  1. So, Jilly I just subscribed and caught up on the other posts. I must say, I love it already. I especially like the vocab words at the end with the provided definitions.

    I miss you, dear friend. And I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete