We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

Saturday 16 October 2010

Beautiful beautiful chill!


Finally finally finally, my memories of hot hot summer are fading like a bad tan (poor simile, because as we all know, there's no such thing as a bad tan! Unless it comes with skin cancer...).

Now, to add to the magical Kit Kat kreations, I will present Hera's find: the milk tea Kit Kat! I had one tonight while, coincidentally, drinking milk tea. It was not the overwhelming combination that you might expect; it was really a pleasant mixture of liquid and candy. Also, you might notice that I am holding a kit kat while wearing a kimono. Also, you might have observed (if you have seen any pics of me in my apartment or have talked to me via skype) that I wear this kimono quite often. That's mainly because I just leave it on the chair as a covering (because I inherited the chair from the previous teacher, and who knows whose hiney it's touched), and it inevitably ends up on my shoulders.

Since I've been sick this week, I have picked up some new Japanese words from my clever children--actually, the words they used are combinations of words I knew, so I am translating them from previous knowledge. The first, and more pleasant one, is 'hanamizu'--which I have translated to mean 'nose water' (or, depending on your inflection, 'flower water')--and you have to admit, that sounds almost pleasant compared with the English "snot". The second, and 'how-say' (as one of my high-level Chinese students says) less...refined version is 'hanakuso'--which, from my understanding, is translated as basically 'nose shit'. Think about that next time you reach for a tissue.

Okay, I need sleep, because I am sickly and weak and I have to wake up at the buttcrack of dawn tomorrow (8:45 a.m.).

1 comment: