We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

Tuesday 9 March 2010

Packing Lists

One of my favorite things to do is make packing lists. It's a ridiculous obsession, but I really enjoy imagining the things that I will have in a foreign country (or state, or even city, it really doesn't matter the distance). I especially like to draw little outfits next to the clothing category. I tend to make the lists insanely far in advance (we are talking years here sometimes--but usually just months). But the lists tend to be really ridiculous, because I'll have all these coordinated outfits and little notes like:

Bring a ziplock bag of baking soda
Check Ross for the soft, fatty headphones
Scavenge house for 3m Hooks, because someone has to have bought them already

...but I'll forget to add everyday important things toothpaste and deodorant (but don't worry! I usually get them...eventually). But the super, absolute most ridiculous part of it is that I very rarely actually use these lists--I usually have to pull an all-nighter the day before the big trip when all plans for organization get shot to hell, and I'm usually found crying in frustration around 3 in the morning because I can't find my debit card and none of my jeans are dry since I forgot to wash them until that moment.

Anyways, the point is that I can't do that this time, since I won't be coming back for awhile. Year-while.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to write a comment with my enthusiasm about list-making, but then I realized -- you already know.

    ReplyDelete