We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

Tuesday 23 March 2010

So, I have decided...

To avoid posting late at night after drinking too much caffeine. It just leads to Xanga-ish ranting.

I'm starting to get a little annoyed that I can't purchase my plane ticket until after I get my certificate of eligibility (company policy). Because apparently, I won't be getting my COE until 2-4 weeks before departing. 2-4 weeks! I will only have 2-4 weeks to get a plane ticket to Japan in the summer! I'm a little anxious that 1. there may not be flights left that meet the instructions that I have to follow (timewise, that is) and 2. that the remaining seats (if available) will be a ridiculous amount of money. What could have cost around $400 is looking to be closer to around $1,000 at this point (and mind you, this is one way).

I'm also starting to get concerned about other logistical stuff like selling my car, or deciding what kind of deodorant I should get a year's supply of (I mean, should I just stick to one variety of the same brand, or should I have a smorgasbord of scents and strengths that I can mix and match to match my mood? Decisions!). I'm starting to feel really grown-up lately as well, because the only time I think about clothes shopping is when I'm imagining buying a new suit. And I'm starting to feel more acutely what it means to be gone for a year, and what that means in terms of whether I'll come back or not. Being grown-up is a funny thing to decide upon.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I wouldn't blame you if you no longer wanted to post something while caffeinated. Your ranting is pretty hilarious in my book.

    I really hope that your booking goes through soon.

    About the deodorant... You should go a-natural. yay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deodorant...Yeah...That's a toughie.
    That's so frustrating that you can't buy your plane ticket until 4 weeks before the flight. Meh :-/

    You'll be alright, though. I know that God wants you there, and He'll get you there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog again! I want updates on you :-) love you.

    ReplyDelete