We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

Friday 6 August 2010

Herro Young Rovers

Part 3

Another character that blossomed into full crazy by the last day of Training was T; an odd fellow with Native American heritage and a Japanese fiancee. T didn't seem very odd at first, but I began to catch on to his strangeness when he started asking such questions as "Have you ever tried fancy cat food?".

On Friday, he seemed to be at peak form. One of the trainers went over the some last aspects of the company, and it came up that another trainer was a poster boy for the company. T asked suddenly if we would be made aware of our image being used for advertising, and if we could opt out if we wanted. The trainer said of course, and that they wouldn't do anything without our permission. T continued on that his image had been misappropriated during a teaching stint in another foreign country, where he had come across a cardboard cutout of himself. He began ranting that he didn't want to be exploited again, and the trainer assured him multiple times it wouldn't; T then demanded that he should be paid if they did. We had a break shortly after, and T continued to rant about his photo exploitation. I asked if he had at least taken a picture next to his cut-out, which he didn't find as amusing as I did.

The next trainer to come in was the previously mentioned poster boy, who was set to talk for about 15 minutes about another subject--what that subject was, I'm not sure, because about two minutes in, T ripped a fart during the talk. The trainer went on for a few more words, then looked at T and said, "Was that you?" I unfortunately looked at T then, who's face was still as stone as he said, "It just slipped out"--I started shaking from trying to hold back the laughter. When the trainer went on, I nearly lost it--he said, "Geez, man; at least say 'Excuse me'. This has got to be a first." Then he looked around and said, "You guys can laugh; I can see you're trying to hold back." Another explosion slipped out at this point, but fortunately it was from the other end as we let go of the suppressed giggles. I, unfortunately, have the maturity of a 13-year-old boy, and continued to hold back giggles as my face turned red and tears pooled in my eyes for the rest of the talk. At one point the trainer looked at me and said, "Jillian's having a hard time," which nearly set me off again--I couldn't look at him the rest of the night. We had another break, and I was able to pull it together a little better, though the next trainer to come in did ask if I was okay.

You would think this would be the end, considering it was the last day of training--but no; the insanity continued. After a weekend of fun and frolic, we gathered once more- and for the last time- at the seminar house, awaiting our 5-minute morning meeting before setting off for our schools. The trainers came in and prepped us, and asked a few of us to serve as representatives for our rooms as they were checked. As those who volunteered to go got up to follow the trainers, T once more let 'er rip--and this was a much more powerful one than the previous business. I was glad I was up and moving, because it better disguised my laughter, but as I came to the door, the trainer turned around and told T that he had better refrain from doing that at the staff meetings at the school. As we walked up the stairs, he said, "What the hell is wrong with that guy? He's so rude." I muttered "Too much to count", but it definitely got a little lost through the laughter.

And lastly, after the house was all squared away and we were waiting outside, T let one more loose (if only for the sheer purpose of reminiscing). And thus ended our time at the Omiya house.

2 comments:

  1. Gassy gassy blogpost! Hahaha! You made me laugh out loud. I'm glad you got to let out your laughter. Your youthful spirit is something I LOVE about you! Even though it's the spirit of a 13 year old boy! Keep laughing and keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete