We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams

Friday 13 August 2010

Origami Wallpaper Fail

Random bits and pieces first:

I really like singing, but I get really flustered singing in front of people for fear of messing up (not a karaoke story, btw). But then, I was watching some Tegan & Sara videos (one of my hobbies) on u2b (youtube for you n00bs) and half of their live performances are titled "Tegan & Sara mess up (song)", which makes me feel much better about myself, because T&S are two of mah faves, and if they can mess up and still be awesome, then well--that's something, I guess.

Live Action Japanese Living Information Update!

Anyways, my apartment is really boring aesthetically, so I had this idea that I would try
to wallpaper my walls with origami. This is as far as I got. It looks like I put a quilt on the wall, basically. Not that quilts are bad or anything; but I feel like every attempt I make at trying to decorates ends with my room looking a little more child-like. I saw the apartment of one of the guys that I trained with, and his was all sophisticated and stylish, and it made me really jealous because I want to be cool, dangit! But instead I have clear dressers that you can see my underwear through, and a penguin bank (the guy I replaced passed that on to me, and I would get rid of it, but if you read my last post about trash separation in Japan [which no one did], you would understand how that is nearly impossible).

Also, one of my blankets is really just a big towel. But apparently those are big in Japan (big as in popular, not big as in towels in general--those are actually not very big normally).


"What you don't surrender, the world strips away." --Tegan tattoo (and Bruce Springsteen lyrics, apparently)

2 comments:

  1. I like your origami wallpaper attempt. It looks cute, and it adds something to the wall. If you use it as a bulletin board and tape necessary things to it, that would be cool! Or post a couple of pictures and it will be a backdrop picture frame. Anyway, I love reading your posts. You write like you speak, and it makes me feel like I'm with you again! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Emily, definitely not a fail.

    ReplyDelete